I have a confession to make : I’m not the biggest fan of zucchini. The taste just doesnt do it for me. I make myself eat it because it’s a vegetable. I don’t know what it is. Maybe because there’s no distinctive taste? When it’s cooked it goes watery and tastes a bit like nothing. Maybe it’s just store bought ones (anyone who’s had home-grown zucchini, save this veggie for me please!) It makes me a bit nauseous to be honest. I don’t WANT to not like it, I just don’t. So when my brain said “let’s make zoodles”, my taste buds said “eeeehhhhhhh…let’s not.”
But, imma tell you, this dish made me a zoodle convert. I’ve gone into the light and there’s no coming back.
Not only does it taste great, its super healthy too! (Did someone notice the kale?) If you aren’t on the zoodle train yet, try these and I guarantee you’ll be zoodling by the end of the day.
- 3 zucchini’s
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove of garlic for the brave)
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (more if you want)
- handful of pinenuts (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- juice of 1-2 lemons (leave a wedge or two for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize zucchinis and season with a little salt and pepper
- Blend kale, avocado, garlic power (or clove), nutritional yeast, pine nuts and olive oil together until it forms a thick paste
- Add lemon juice until it thins slightly
- Pour over zoodles and stir until evenly coated.
- Serve with lemon wedges and salt and pepper to taste