Who doesn’t like brownies? I’m sure there are plenty who don’t……if you’re one of those brownie nay-sayers, this post probably isn’t for you (just saying…..)
I like my brownies gooey with a little crust on the top. D likes his well done with a crust, but still moist. So obviously I make them gooey with a little crust on top.
They’re like the dessert equivalent of a pub steak I think. Everyone likes them done a specific way. So many variables, so often badly done. I haven’t had a steak in years, but I have had many, many brownies. They used to be the bane of my existence. I could never get them right. Whenever they were requested, I’d say no, no and no. Not here. Not ever. I didn’t want to waste even more ingredients for dry, crumbly, gross blocks of brown yuk.
But then it happened. I made the perfect brownie. And I wrote it down. And now the recipe will be immortalised on the internet forever.
- 1/2cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 tspn baking powder
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 3 heaped tablespoons of peanut butter (4 if the peanut butter is runny)
- pinch of salt
- Chocolate Pieces or handful of crushed peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degress celcius (320F)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add aquafaba, peanut butter and optional peanuts and/or chocolate pieces and mix until fully combined
- Pour into a baking dish lined with baking paper (I use a small rectangular pyrex baking dish; 7 x 11 inches)
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until the middle doesn’t move when the dish is shook
- Let cool slightly before cutting into squares
*Note : if you use a smaller tin or baking dish, make sure to bake the brownies for slightly longer to make sure they cook all the way through. Unless you like cake batter brownies, then never mind this note.
So easy. So yum. Best of all they’re gluten free and vegan (obvs)!! Why not make a double batch and use them for some delicious Peanut Butter Brownie Icecream (lol wut???!). You won’t regret it.
Be sure to check back for more awesome recipes like this one. Even better, subscribe to make sure you don’t miss a thing!