When I was younger, my mum would sometimes treat me to an ice-block when we went out to the store. We would almost always choose the same two flavours each time. My choice was usually a Golden Gaytime (yum!), hers was a Weiss Bar. Oh the glorious Weiss Bar!
Now, being an Australian company, I’m not entirely sure how far the market reach of Weiss Bars are, but if you haven’t had one of these glorious fruity, creamy, delicious, frozen fruit bars, you are missing out on….something. You just can’t explain a the effect a Weiss Bar has on you, but just know that you’re missing out.
All this nostalgia got me inspired and before you know it, I was making my homemade equivalent of a Weiss Bar. Except they weren’t bars, they were popsicles. I don’t have the technical proficiency to create a rectangular bar with the perfect ratio of fruit to cream.
I DID MY BEST!
Sticks aside, the mixture of delicious mango and coconut yoghurt cream brought back memories of a simpler, stress free time (at least for me, being 6 and all). Sah good. Sah yum. Best of all #sugarfree!
- 1 cup dairy free yoghurt (I used coconut)
- 1/4 cup soaked cashews (optional. Gives a creamier texture to the youghurt)
- 1 cup diced mango
- Blend youghurt and cashews together in a blender until very smooth. Set aside.
- Blend mango with some water until very smooth
- Clean up. Because..clean as you go (this step is optional)
- Layer mango and youghurt mixture as pictured in popsicle molds
- Insert icecream sticks and freeze overnight.
Do you like Weiss Bars? What’s your favourite flavour? Have you ever even had a Weiss Bar? Let me know in the comments below!!