The world has this love affair with burritos. Everyone’s like “omg, burritos are like, life!” They are pretty great. Delicious, filling, and sometimes healthy (other times not!). Most of the time they’re filled with chicken and cheese but these ones; these are different. They’re fresh. Gluten free. Vegan. Oh so yum. And they will keep you full for THE REST OF THE DAY SRSLY.
And the gluten free wraps. ON POINT. So simple and easy, but so very much like a regular wrap it makes me cry tears of joy (okay so maybe not THAT much like a regular wrap, but they’re pretty good!)
Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you into not making these! They’re so easy (TRUST ME!) and you would be missing out on possible the most delicious burrito you’ve every had (???)
I’ve included the making of the wraps, but simple store bought would be fine (I guess…)
Wraps (makes 4):
- 200g Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tspn salt
Smokey Jalapeno Mayo
- 3 tbsp aquafaba
- 1/2-3/4 cup mild flavoured oil (canola, light olive oil, etc)
- Fresh lemon juice (or vinegar if lemon juice is unavailable)
- Salt to taste
- Pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- Burrito Fillings of choice
- Cooked Rice
- Seasoned Beans
- Shredded Lettuce
- Combine flour, salt and enough water to create a rollable dough.
- Divide into four and roll out on a floured surface to create thin sheets of dough
- Heat a large pan on high. Wait until it is very hot before placing a wrap in.
- When cooked, place on a plate and cover with a teatowel (this step in very important!! Otherwise they dry out and become crunchy)
- Repeat until all wraps are finished.
- Fill wraps with desired fillings and Smokey Jalapeno Mayo (recipe below).
Smokey Jalapeno Mayo
- Put aquafaba in a tall jar (or the container that came with your stick blender) and wiz with blender until frothy
- While blending, slowly pour in the oil. Stop every now and then to make sure it is being combined properly.
- Continue adding oil until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. You should use between 1/2 cup and 3/4 cups of oil.
- Add in lemon juice and salt to taste. Blend again.
- Add a handful of coriander leaves, liquid smoke and 5-6 slices of pickled jalapenos (this will depend on how spicy you’d like your mayo). Blend thoroughly.
- Pour generously over burritos or use as a dip.