In other words, baked beans with a smokey flavour. But a girl’s gotta come up with a fancy name for a pretty unfancy dish 😉 But whatever it lacks in unfancyness, it makes up with flavour! I’ll have this breakfast any day. In fact I’ll have this any TIME of day.
When I was younger my parents gave me the nickname “Bean Queen” because my go-to meal/snack/eating thing was beans on toast. But then I stopped. Remember that time in your life (let’s say around 10/11 years old) when you decided it was “uncool” to eat baked beans. Like, it was social suicide to admit to eating baked beans. Omg what? No! Ew! Baked beans are SOOOO gross!
Obviously I came to my senses and started eating up again. Oh how I missed thee <3
- 1 can butterbeans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tspn butter
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gluten Free Toast for serving
- Combine everything in a small saucepan
- Simmer until reduced to a thick sauce
- Take off heat and stir in butter
- Let cool slightly
- Serve on buttered toast with salt and pepper
Breakfast of champions! Don’t forget to save the bean juice to replace eggs in awesome things like icecream and brownies.