I know, I know. Chokers are SOOOO last year! I’m always so late on the fashion bandwagon that it’s a total new thing for me. I’ve actually been wanting to do this DIY for a few months now, but haven’t been able to until now! But alas, better late than never as the saying goes.
Sooooo….when I DIY’d my own bucket bag, I decided to use up some of the extra faux leather to make a choker. It’s super simple and all you need are some grommets, a grommet tool thing and some cord. So easy, so simple. It takes 5 minutes and it looks fab (in my opinion). It ties at the back so if one day I grow a triple chin or lose a bunch of neck circumference (wut??), my trusty choker will still be there for me <3
You will need :
- Strip of leather (faux or not depending on your preferences)
- Grommets (mine were 75mm I think)
- Cord to thread through
- Measure around your neck and cut a 2-3cm strip of leather to length, minus 2-3cms.
- Mark where the grommets will go on the back of the leather. About 3 cms apart works well
- Punch holes slightly smaller than the grommets
- Place grommets into the holes and flatten with the grommet tool
- Weave cord through the grommets leaving enough to tie together
- Tie loosely around neck and rock it like it’s the 90s
Joke : How many times can you say grommet in one blog post??
Fuuuuun! Right? Now go and make your choker like it’s 1990 or 2016 xx