It’s winter, but icecream is still on the menu. And what better way to do it than with vegan aquafaba icecream?
When I asked D what flavour I should make next, he asked for popcorn.
D loves popcorn! Whenever he stays up after I go to bed, within 15 minutes the smell of freshly popped corn will waft through the house and snuggle right up in bed with me. The remnants of course will be left out when I wake up the next morning. So being the good wifey that I am, I went ahead and made it.
This one’s for you bae xx
Buttered Popcorn Vegan Icecream
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 tspn cream of tatar
- 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 cup popped corn
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (I use Nutelex)
- pinch of salt to taste
- Process popped corn in a food processor until coarsely ground
- Melt butter and pour over popcorn. Mix in thoroughly.
- Add salt to taste
- In a non-plastic bowl, beat aquafaba and cream of tartar with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form
- Continue beating while slowly adding the castor sugar until a thick glossy meringue mixture is achieved
- Gently fold in popcorn and non-dairy milk
- Pour into a tin and freeze
Like…how easy is that? SRSLY?!?! It’s pretty much aquafaba to the rescue isn’t it? All day. Erry day!
The only complaint I had was that there was a slight aquafaba taste lingering. To be honest, I couldn’t taste it, but if you’re really worried, up the sugar to 3/4 cup and you should be sweeeeet (pun intended??)
If you’re not a fan of buttered popcorn, maybe try out my Lime and Coconut ice cream recipe? No? Not your thing either? Don’t worry! I’ll be experimenting with plenty more delicious flavours here on the blog. Even better, tell me what flavour you want to see on the blog in the comments!