As soon as I realised overnight oats were a thing, I made them a permanent part of my breakfast menu. So many possibilities. So easy. Perfect for breakfast meal prep. Add whatever you want and it’s almost always going to be a winner.
Also, it’s a common misconception, but did you know oats are actually gluten free? Like…they don’t contain ANY gluten. It’s from cross-contamination that makes them not 100% gluten free. It will depend on how sensitive you are when it comes to buying certified gluten free oats or just sticking to the regular cheap-y brand. So fear not my gluten free friends, make overnight oats and let’s welcome them to the squad <3
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup Coconut yoghurt
- Non-dairy milk
- 2 jars
- Begin by measuring out the chia seeds into a small bowl. Cover with coconut yoghurt and stir. The mixture will start thickening. Set aside.
- Measure out oats in another small bowl. Cover with non-dairy milk and set aside.
- In a jar, spoon a layer of oats and milk into the bottom. Add a layer of chia on top of that and then blueberries
- Continue layering until the top is almost reached.
- Cover with lid.
- Set in the fridge overnight.
- Repeat with second jar
- To serve, spoon a layer of yoghurt and top with blueberries
As always, don’t be afraid to add more or less of an ingredient if you feel like it. What’s your favourite overnight oats combination? Let me know in the comments!